Empty enteric capsules are different from other general capsules. With added special medical polymer materials or other special treatments, the capsule shell will dissolve not in the acidic gastric fluid, but alkaline liquid in the intestinal tract. The enteric capsule is a special medicinal polymer material added to the capsule shell or specially treated to make it dissolve in the gastric juice, and only dissolves in the intestinal juice. Therefore, the capsule will not be dissolved in the stomach, in the water, or even in the boiling water.
The production process of enteric-coated hollow capsule shells is complicated, and it is necessary to use multiple tannin extracts for production. First, a layer of gelatin is applied. After the gelatin layer is dried, one or more layers of enteric properties are coated on the gelatin layer. Then, it is completed by procedures such as demoulding, cutting, nesting, sorting, and inspection.
Enteric capsules and ordinary capsules are distinguished. The main difference is the difference between the dissolution and absorption sites of the drug. The dissolution and absorption sites of enteric capsules are in the lower digestive tract, such as the small intestine; while with ordinary capsules, the drug is dissolved in the stomach. Therefore, if some drugs are more irritating to the stomach, they can be made into enteric-coated capsules to reduce the damage of the drug to the stomach.
It can be divided into intestinal enteric capsules (ie common enteric-coated capsules); colon-soluble enteric capsules.
Due to some special properties of the drug and medical needs, such as some drugs and gastric acid metamorphism, it has a strong stimulating effect on the gastric mucosa. Some drugs must act and absorb in the intestines, so enteric capsules are required.
Intestinal enteric capsule advantages:
1. Avoid the stimulation of the stomach after oral administration of the drug, thus reducing the side effects of some drugs on the stomach.
2. Prevent the degradation of drugs that are unstable to acid or gastric enzymes in the stomach, thereby improving the efficacy of the drug.
3. Control the release site of the drug so that the drug can be effectively absorbed in the small intestine.
Advantages of colon-soluble enteric capsules:
1. Avoid absorption of the drug in the stomach and small intestine, and reduce a series of side effects caused by the absorption of the drug into the stomach and small intestine.
2. Improve the local concentration of the drug in the large intestine, thus allowing the drug to fully exert its local therapeutic effect.
3. Reduce gastrointestinal irritation of certain drugs or side effects on the upper digestive tract.
4. Avoid the degradation of certain drugs in the stomach and small intestine, which can make oral application of protein or peptide drugs.
In addition, the colon-soluble enteric capsule is convenient to take the capsule compared with the enema administration. The drug is more widely distributed and more uniform in the colon.
HGCAPS is Empty Hard Capsules Manufacturer, if you are interested in other capsules, or want to customize capsules, please contact us.
HGCAPS is a professional Empty Capsules Manufacturers. We offers a vertically integrated supply chain model to ensure reliable long-term supply, complete traceability and superior quality of raw materials.
Add:HuaGuang 1 road #2 Xinchang Gaoxin Jishu yuanqu , Zhejiang Province. China Zip-code #312500